Mill 19 is the catalytic redevelopment of the former Pittsburgh Jones & Laughlin Steel Company mill into a green, sustainable advanced manufacturing research center, and the first phase of revitalization in Hazelwood Green. The mill’s steel superstructure supports the largest rooftop solar array in the U.S., with enough electricity to power 380 homes. The complex has numerous other sustainability features including landscaping that incorporates a rainwater recycling system and reclaimed parts of the former mill. Mill 19 is home to advanced manufacturing partners including Carnegie Mellon University’s Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) and Manufacturing Futures Initiative, Catalyst Connection, and Motional.
The third Mill building, Mill C, will be completed in 2022. Mill C will be a new 100,000 SF tech/flex speculative building. The first floor has an increased ceiling height to accommodate large vehicles and the upper floors are capable of housing lab, office, or other workspaces. Construction is anticipated to be complete at the end of 2022. RIDC is looking for partners to locate within this innovative space.
- 24,000 SF top floor availability with flexible floor plate, sub-dividable to 8,000 SF
- Solar panel roof
- High-performance envelope for thermal efficiency and up to 96% daylight autonomy
- Recycled stormwater drainage system and rooftop water reuse system
- 24 Hour Access
- 35-minute drive to Pittsburgh International Airport
- Status as tech city hub with a prominent roster
- Rate upon request
- New, never been occupied space
- Floor-to-ceiling windows